Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013: What You Need to Know
The Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013 is an agreement between Westpac Banking Corporation and its employees that outlines the terms and conditions of employment. The agreement was negotiated by Westpac and the Finance Sector Union and was approved by the Fair Work Commission in 2014. Here`s what you need to know about the agreement.
What is the Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013?
The Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013 is a legally binding agreement between Westpac and its employees that sets out their terms and conditions of employment. It covers a wide range of topics including pay, leave entitlements, working hours, performance management, and dispute resolution.
The agreement was negotiated by Westpac and the Finance Sector Union (FSU) on behalf of its members. It was developed through a process of consultation and negotiation, with both parties working to ensure that the agreement met the needs of both the bank and its employees.
What are the key features of the agreement?
The Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013 includes a number of key features that are designed to benefit employees. These include:
1. Salary increases: The agreement provides for annual salary increases for all employees, with the amount of the increase depending on the employee`s current salary level.
2. Flexible working arrangements: The agreement allows employees to negotiate flexible working arrangements with their line managers, such as working from home or working part-time.
3. Leave entitlements: The agreement provides for a range of leave entitlements, including annual leave, personal leave, and parental leave.
4. Performance management: The agreement includes a comprehensive performance management process that is designed to support employees to achieve their full potential.
5. Dispute resolution: The agreement includes a dispute resolution process that allows employees and the bank to resolve any issues that arise in a timely and effective manner.
Who is covered by the agreement?
The Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013 covers all Westpac employees in Australia who are covered by the Banking, Finance and Insurance Award 2010. This includes a wide range of employees, from tellers and customer service representatives to managers and executives.
What is the duration of the agreement?
The Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013 has a nominal expiry date of 30 June 2016. However, the agreement continues to operate until a new agreement is negotiated and approved by the Fair Work Commission.
In conclusion, the Westpac Enterprise Agreement 2013 is a comprehensive agreement that provides a range of benefits to Westpac employees. It was developed through a process of consultation and negotiation, ensuring that the needs of both the bank and its employees were taken into account. If you are a Westpac employee, it is important that you familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the agreement to ensure that you receive all of the benefits to which you are entitled.